The New York State Coalition for Children’s Behavioral Health Values, Vision & Mission
We believe children with behavioral health needs have the right to a healthy, happy childhood. Our work will be guided and informed by our commitments to:
- Family empowerment. Engage, partner, and be led by the voice of families.
- Innovation. Seek high quality solutions.
- Justice. Promote equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging in our work.
- Collaboration. Partner to ensure systems reform.
- Workforce. Recruit, retain, and support employees with tools, resources, and fair compensation.
New York’s children and families are healthy, emotionally supported and empowered to thrive in their homes, schools and communities.
To ensure children’s behavioral health providers and families have access to a comprehensive system of services, resources, and supports.
The NYS Coalition for Children’s Behavioral Health accomplishes our mission through:
- Advocacy & Awareness
- Collaboration & Partnerships
- Membership capacity building
- Training and technical assistance
The New York State Coalition for Children’s Behavioral Health Services provides policy, advocacy and member services related to the following areas:
- The Children’s Coalition represents children’s best interests in all the areas that affect youth and families with severe emotional disturbances.
- The premier resource for policy information, state-of-the-art education and training, and other children’s behavioral health care information.
- Continual contact with members made up of diversified and dedicated behavioral health care service organizations across New York State, through ListServ emails, publications, newsletters, and personal communication.
- Committees and provider groups offer the means for members to actively discuss issues that influence their success in the treatment and services provided to children across New York State.
- Advocate for non-profit children’s behavioral health service agencies and the families they serve with policymakers in Albany regarding state legislation, regulations and reimbursement issues.
We seek your participation and support to provide the best possible behavioral health services to the children and families in our communities and throughout New York State. Through collaborative efforts and voices, we will help the next generation live healthier, successful lives.